We have a passion for landscape design, installation, and maintenance. Our commitment to creating unique enclaves and tireless attention to detail create properties deeply connected to their owners.
A Garden Manager directs the production, quality control, and service for assigned accounts. We strive for one hundred percent client satisfaction and increased sales on all existing accounts. Additional sales include, but are not limited to, landscape installation, garden enhancements, seasonal color installations, irrigation repairs, pest and disease treatment, aeration, and additional maintenance visits as needed.
Tricia Quaid Landscape Design Inc. Mission Statement:
To unify thoughtfully designed hardscape architecture with the highest quality horticultural components. We strive to create and maintain the safest, most aesthetically pleasing outdoor paradises possible because we believe this is what our clientele deserves. Our passionate attention to every detail sets us apart from other landscape design and maintenance companies.
Garden Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visits assigned gardens a minimum of twice a month, preferably weekly.
- Meets maintenance crews in assigned gardens at least twice a month to instruct and coach.
- Maintains communication with clients either through email, text, or phone, keeping them updated and ensuring complete customer satisfaction and adherence to contract.
- Meets with clients in the garden a minimum of once a quarter.
- Meets with crews daily to assign each day’s work.
- Oversees and directs all quality concerns and addresses needed improvements for accounts.
- Trains and coaches foremen and crew members on best garden management techniques.
- Responsible for internal communication regarding issues related to clients, properties, subcontractors, foremen, and laborers.
- Responsible for the execution of clients’ requests and/or horticultural needs for the property, presenting proposals for assigned accounts.
- Presents clients with proposals without unreasonable delay.
- Reviews related account invoices (subcontractors, vendors, etc.) to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for account success for the quality of service, client satisfaction, and profitability goals.
- Performs visual inspection of irrigation system every 4-6 weeks.
- Manages irrigation systems including visual inspections, coordination of repairs, and adjustment of irrigation programs as needed.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture (preferred) or related field.
- 3-5 years in high-end residential garden management experience
- Base salary plus commissions on enhancement sales
- Medical and dental coverage with company-supplemented premium rates
- Optional supplemental insurance (basic life, AD&D, disability)
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Simple IRA plan with matching employer contributions
- All work performed in the Greater Dallas Area